Monday, February 1, 2016

First Birthday Party!

Happy Birthday to My Sweet Baby Girl!
We celebrated our cute little one's 1st birthday party last weekend.  I can't believe how fast the time goes.  It reminds me of this beautiful song by Mindy Gledhill.  

I was so happy with how everything turned out and even happier with the beautiful family who came {through the snow} to share their love with our babe.  I've never seen {E} so happy and excited in a big group, so I know she was happy everyone was there.

When I was trying to come up with the theme for her party, I had TONS of ideas including: sparkles, My Fair Lady, Winter "One"derland, balloons, rainbow, princess, and more!  Then I started to think about what {E} really likes.  My first thought was FOOD. Haha!  My second thought was Books.  I knew it had to be books.  Her favorite activity is pulling all her books off the shelf and reading them over and over.  Bonus!  I could use all of her fun books as part of my decor.  And as a former teacher, I already had a deep love of everything books. It was a done deal.

I found a couple of ideas on Pinterest to inspire the aspects of her party {see previous post}.

So here it is!  All the fun decorations and stuff we ate and did!

Number 1 Collage & Favor
I loved picking out the pictures from {E}'s first year to include in this.  It made my heart happy to see her cousins and other family members taking a minute to see how much she's grown and changed. You can also spy my favor for our party guests!  I paired it with Dr. Suess' "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish" book.  It was a individual bag of colored Swedish Fish with a tag...

Other Decorations
I basically used every single children's book I had! I put them everywhere I could and used colorful accents everywhere else.  For the banners I went to Deseret Industries and found some books with really sweet pictures and a regular chapter book that was all text.  I cut out pennants and put them together with sparkly ribbon!  I printed out the letters for "Happy 1st Birthday" and "One" for two special banners.

Menu
This was my favorite part!  I used books to help plan the menu.  I wanted the food to relate to the book.  Here's what we came up with:

"Dragons Love Tacos"
Tacos in a shell or in a bag {yes they are delicious} with all the yummy toppings!

"The Very Hungry Caterpillar"
Lots of delicious fruit! Complete with clementines, {E}'s favorite!

"Peter Rabbit"
A beautiful spread of all the veggies Peter could want!

"If You Give a Cat a Cupcake"
For those too eager to wait for a slice of cake. 
"A Bad Case of Stripes"
I bet you can't guess what's going on under that white frosting!
I wish I had gotten a better picture of the actual cake. We used a "1" shaped cake pan and it turned out huge and adorable.

Game
I love a good game at a party!  I made a quick game to have each family present race to see who could match different books with their FIRST lines {because it was a FIRST birthday, yeah??}. I forgot to take a picture of the prize, it was a cute book with some fruit snacks.


Smash Cake
We were all excited to watch this little foodie dig in! And she did!! Although more neatly than I anticipated. 


My very favorite find for {E}'s birthday was the book "The Wonderful Things You Will Be" by Emily Winfield Martin.  
I love the message and the colorful, whimsical illustrations.  I don't know if I could pick a favorite line, but I'll end with this one.

"For all of your tinniness couldn't disguise a heart so enormous...and wild...and wise."
I love you sweet birthday girl!

{Natalie}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...