Friday, May 6, 2016

Val's Friday Favorites {05-06-2016}

1. This Water Table

My 2 year old received this as a gift from his grandparents for his birthday and he ADORES it!  He loves to play in water, however he's just not into actually getting into the water like you would in a pool.  This has been perfect for him to play, splash, and get a little wet, without having to sit in the cold water of an outdoor kiddie pool.  My older kids even enjoy this fun water table.


2. This Water Bottle
My husband and I are planning our first Disney cruise and that means lots of research for us!  We love to have everything planned out before we go on vacation...  So in our research we stumbled upon these water bottles that are similar to the S'well bottles that are twice as expensive as these ones.  We didn't know exactly what to expect, however, we LOVE these water bottles.  We bought one for the whole family to use and it keeps drinks cold for 24 hours.  Yes, that's right, 24 hours...it's been tested by us!!!  It also keeps hot drinks, hot for 12 hours!  That one hasn't been tested, quite yet, however, we are loving the cold water for 24 hours.  It's been really easy to put ice water inside, and keep it up by our bedside throughout the night.  Then if you wake up, its still refreshing cold water in your bottle.  We've also taken it in the car while running errands and it stays cold, even in the hot car while you are shopping.  It makes drinking water so much easier!!  Try it out, you're going to love it!


3.  These Water Balloons

Our family started using these balloons a few year ago, to replace the water balloons you fill with the hose and nozzle.  I don't think I'd ever go back to that method.  It was taking us hours to fill up 100 water balloons that were then gone within 2 minutes.  :(  Talk about a time waster...  So, yes, these are more expensive than the others, however, it saves me lots of time to be with my kids and enjoy the water fight, instead of being sad it went too fast!

4.  This Water Music


I'm a sucker for classical music, and this is just happy and fun to listen to while you are cleaning the house, correcting homework, doing homework, etc.  There are countless studies that suggest that classical music helps you retain information longer.  It also helps you concentrate and get things done.  I'm all about using different methods to keep myself on track!

5.  These Water Colors

As I was teaching school, I fell in love with lots of school supplies.  It's hard not to...really.  After teaching I taught my children to love school supplies as well.  All of my kids (yes, even my 2 year old) LOVES to paint with these watercolor sets.  I know it can get messy, but honestly, what isn't messy with kids around the house.  My whole house is ALWAYS a mess, so why not have fun while we are being messy??!!  These are an add-on item on Amazon right now, and are pretty cheap.  So, pick a few up, and paint with your kids.  They will LOVE it, guaranteed!

I might be thirsty, now, after all these water items.  Hahaha!!  I honestly didn't mean to have a theme, however, once I saw it was developing, I needed to continue one.  :) 

{Valerie}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...