Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Disneyland Teacher Souvenir

I searched high and low on the internet for ideas of what to buy for our kiddo's teachers for souvenirs.  I couldn't find anything that would work for us.  I wanted ideas of what you could find inside Disneyland...nothing.

My original idea was to find a cute Minnie Mouse notepad and pair it with some candy and a cute pen.  I couldn't see any Minnie Mouse notepads that looked grown up enough online.  So I bought the cute pens I found at Target and left for Disneyland, hoping to find something to go with them.

Lucky me, on the last day, and in total desperation mode, I found these adorable Mickey Mouse silhouette Post-it style notepads.  SCORE!!
The bonus was that they came in a box of 4.  The exact number that I needed.  sigh...sometimes things really do work out.

I also bought these adorable (though slightly overpriced) Mickey suckers while in Disneyland.
Then I just packaged it all together with some chocolate candy bars, a seashell(since we also visited the beach), and the pens I already had. 
To assemble them, I used Washi Tape to adhere the sucker and pen to the candy bars and then tied the notepad onto the candy bars using thin colorful ribbon.
Our kiddo's teachers LOVED them and appreciated the fact that we had thought of them while on vacation! 

Pens = $2 for 4 pens
Notepads = $9.95 for 4 pads
Suckers = $6 for 5 suckers
Candy bars = $4 for 4 packages
Seashells = Free (since I already had a bunch)
Divided by 4 teachers
Total per souvenir =  $5.48

Not bad, in my book!

Plus, if you have more teachers and don't want to spend as much per teacher, you could forgo everything but the pen and note pad.  Just a thought.  :)

Valerie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...