Friday, October 31, 2014

Natalie's Friday Favorites {10-31-14}

1.
I bought my sweet girl her baby book this past week.  Since I can only online shop I tend to do a little more research on everything.  I looked at many different baby books and found this company's to be ADORABLE!  Every one I looked at was sweet and detailed.  My favorite part is that it goes from birth to 5 years old.  The later years are much less detailed but there's a spot to talk about your child and his/her personality as he/she grows.  Check them out! {I bought mine at Babies R Us but you can get them from their own website or Amazon}

2.
I found this recipe on beloved Pinterest and it became a hit when it came out of the oven.  I changed/would change a couple of things including: add about a cup of chopped potatoes, use less basil, and unless cooking for a lot of people, half the recipe!

3.
This video.
I think I love it because: A) I used to do these same workout videos, which were previously owned by my Mom.  B) The baby is ADORABLE!  

4.
I recited part of this poem during my preschool graduation {who doesn't remember their preschool graduation?!}.  This is a fun poem to use in practicing memorization skills, plus it's a coloring page!  If you like it as much as I do, I found a picture book version {with a little different wording} at Walmart.  So cute!

5.
All things Halloween!

Halloween is my favorite holiday for so many reasons.  It's hard to be away from family today but I do have my sweetheart {who proposed to me 3 years ago today!}.  Below are some of the fun traditions that our families do to celebrate {some old some new}.  Take what you like!

-Watch Hocus Pocus
-Bob for apples and then make them into caramel apples
- Throw darts at halloween colored balloons {which are attached to a piece of foam core}
- Go on a mouse hunt {hide fake mice around the yard and/or house}
- Mummy wrap {use toilet paper to wrap up a partner to look like a mummy}
- Carve pumpkins
- Trick-or-treat or hand out candy
- Bean bag toss into a pumpkin {real or plastic}
- Halloween Bingo
- Costume Parade/Dance Off
- Eat Halloween themed food/treats {we made these this year}
- Cake Walk
- Snag A Monster {I got the idea here}
This one was new and I changed a couple of things from Kelli's.  We taped two smaller sheets of foam core together instead of using plywood.  Instead of using nails, we drilled small holes into the foam core and pushed dowels through to hold the monsters.  The kids loved it!























What do you do to celebrate Halloween? 

From Ron Swanson and his Bacon and Eggs...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

JNatalie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...