Friday, October 24, 2014

Val's Friday Favorites {10-24-14}

1.
I bought this book/CD for Halloween 9 years ago this month.  It was so long ago, they don't sell it as a combo anymore!  I have loved it every year as a teacher and now as a mommy.  The songs are fun with a hint of spooky, but not too scary for little kids.  Plus, there are games, activities, and recipes in the book along with all the words to the songs on the CD.  My kids LOVE getting this out each year at Halloween time and we use it all month long.

2.
We made these last year for the first time, and OH MY!  Who needs to buy Slurpees anymore?  This recipe was great and my kids loved them too!  :)  It's very simple to make and you can dress up yours with these cute jack o' lantern faces on the cup if you so desire for the holiday season.  I have made many different flavors and have loved them all!

3.
I made this countdown to Halloween 4 years ago.  I have used it every year and it is by far and away the cutest holiday countdown I have made.  My kids adore this countdown calendar because every year I stuff it full of treats and Halloween activities for us all to do.  This year, because we were out of town, we didn't get to do the whole month.  We sure have missed getting in the Halloween spirit!  It doesn't even feel like it will be Halloween next week.

4.
I love linking fun activities to Non-Fiction books!  Kids love to apply things they have learned in a fun and different way.  Check out some books about spiders, read them together with your kids, then make some homemade playdoh and decorate it up like this cute spider here.  :)

5.
Whether you are hosting a party at your house or planning one for your child's class, here are some fun party games to try out this year.  They are patterned after the popular 'Minute to Win It' TV gameshow.  Fun and quick!  I'm planning on using one for my family party this weekend.  :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...