Friday, October 17, 2014

Natalie's Friday Favorites {10-17-14}

1.
Halloween Costumes
I love to dress up.  I take it as a challenge every year to think of something fun and unique to dress up as.  I think the best costumes are ones that you can create using pieces of your existing wardrobe.  Plus it makes it easier/less expensive.  Since getting married, the challenge of a special costume has increased but so has my joy of when I decide on a costume.  With a baby in our halloween future I'm ecstatic for the opportunity to start doing family themed costumes {while I don't have to worry about my children's opinions}.  If you love to dress up like me...or are being forced to dress up, here are some of my favorite links for ideas.
And a couple of my favorite costumes I've done recently!
T-Bird and Pink Lady
Flo and Lady Gaga
Sam Sparks and Flint Lockwood from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs {complete with a ratbird and spray on shoes}
Cinderella and Gus Gus {favorite!}

50s Housewife
Miss Frizzle!
 2.
Jim Shore Figurines
These are some of my favorite decorations.  I've seen many in various homes and knew I had to have one!  I love the details and thought that go into each piece.  I eventually want to own a piece for every season but for now I have a beautiful Santa.

 3.
Meet the Mormons
Mr. Hardman and I went and saw this movie earlier this week.  What I took away from the movie was that there are so many good people in the world {of all faiths} that can have an impact.  I love the idea of doing what you can to help even if it isn't globally recognized.

4.
Sherlock
I love this BBC series!  Each episode is like it's own movie.  Yes it is a pain to have to wait YEARS between seasons but the stories are so intriguing that I don't really care.  If you haven't seen it, love a good mystery show/movie, and have Netflix then you need to watch it!

5.
This Eyeliner
I never liked eyeliner.  I remember trying to use my Mom's pencil and felt like I was scratching my skin off {I know I was probably doing it wrong}.  So I never wore it.  Then one day this eyeliner pencil found it's way into my makeup bag.  I literally have NO idea how it got there.  Maybe it was a sister's or friend's?  I don't know.  But I tried it and LOVED it.  It's so soft and easy to control {no big crooked lines}.  I buy mine at Walmart or Target.

Bonus Favorite!
Feeling my sweet baby move around so much!   There's nothing quite like it. :)

Happy Friday!
JNatalie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...