Friday, August 22, 2014

Natalie's Friday Favorites {08-22-14}

1.
Washi Tape.
 I started seeing this a while ago and thought...weird.  Now I love it.  I'm starting to feel like Monica with her ribbon drawer ("When we have a baby, there’s gonna be so much that we’re not able to control. I mean, the apartment’s gonna be a mess, I won’t have time to clean it. What if the baby gets into the ribbon drawer? Messes up all the ribbons?! What if there’s no room for a ribbon drawer, because the baby’s stuff takes up all the space!? Where will all the ribbons go!?!").  There are so many fun uses for it and they really don't take up that much space.  Here are some of my favorite washi tape projects I've seen:

The Sweetest Occasion shows how to use it in gift wrapping.  Cute!
Amy Tangerine gives a tutorial on making a cute notebook!  Especially fun for kids.
My Sister's Suitcase made some kitchen items more exciting. 
What Happened Next... provides the idea of making plain tea lights extra sweet.  I really want to do this one because I bought some tea lights from Ikea while they were on sale but they're in need of a little something special.

And here's one I did to celebrate Back to School!  Washi Tape Bunting!

2.
It always makes me cry because of the thoughtfulness and kindness of children. 

3.
I love these for the classroom.  Personal laminated copies and big ones for different activities.  One of my FAVORITE things to do is use it as a reward system called 100s Club.  I learned about this during my student teaching.  You need small sticky notes, two small containers, and numbers 1-100 printed on small pieces of paper.  When students get 100 on a spelling test, quiz, or other assessment then they draw a numbered paper from one container, write that number on a small post it note, put their numbered paper in the discard container, and then cover up that number on the 100s Chart.  When an entire column or row is filled up, the teacher makes sure all of the correct numbers are in the discard container, and those ten students get a special prize!  {I often gave this reward for students that received 90% or better on math and language arts tests}

4.
I found out about this app recently and decided I should start getting used to it sooner than later so that I can really utilize it when I have several schedules to coordinate.  It's kind of like a command center to go!  It's FREE!  So check it out and see if it works for your family too.

5.

I am trying to use this more and more now that I'm at home.  I have several projects in the works and I know that this wonderful machine will help me get those jobs done!  I love all of the different types of stitches it offers, the location of the bobbin, and the reliability.  If you don't have a machine or are in need of a replacement, I highly recommend this one!  

Happy Friday!

Natalie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...