Friday, August 1, 2014

Val's Friday Favorites {08-01-14}

Not only will this book teach you what/why/how to help your kids grow up to be independent adults, it will have you laughing and nodding your head all the way through.  Merrilee Boyack is funny, sincere, and experienced.  After raising 4 boys she decided to share some of what she learned along the way.  I've already started 'The Plan' around our house.  I am loving it!

2.
So if you checked out the above book, you will want to jump over to Mercy River Girls blog post about their Summer Merit Badge System.  She essentially takes from the book, The Parenting Breakthrough, skills that each age category of child needs to complete and her kids earn merit badges once they have shown mastery of that skill.  Genius!!  She even has a free printable!  YAY!!  So head over there...like right now.  Check it out!

3.


4.
I just bought 3 of these.  One for each child to chronicle their school years.  I am in love with them!  Each book has one double sided page for each grade that doubles as a envelope for report cards, pictures, keepsakes from each grade to put safely inside.  This will be a treasured family keepsake for years to come.

 5.
This bag.
So I just recently found this bag and immediately wanted one for me, each one of my kids, the teachers in my life, and all of my nieces/nephews/sisters, etc.  I mean how useful would this be for those trips to the library?  I found the library card holder such an awesome idea as well.  There have been too many times I have misplaced (read: lost) my card.  Head over to Whipup Tutorials to find out how to make your very own.  And of course Holly Keller has her own Etsy shop if you are interested in buying similar items.  There are some cute things on there!!

6.
This freebie.
It really shouldn't be a secret that I LOVE Teachers Pay Teachers.  That site is amazing and offers lots of freebies along with paid items.  Just as school is about to start, most teachers are gathering information about all their cute new students.  This freebie by Miss Kindergarten will help!  Also, check out some of the other things on Miss Kindergarten's site as well as Teachers Pay Teachers.  (this site is obviously geared toward teachers, however, it has many things that would be great for mommies as well, like this freebie about manners, these frames and backgrounds, and these playdoh mats)

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...